Monday, September 29, 2014

Groundhog Day

I was taking Russ to the groomer this morning.  I stopped at a stop sign and had to wait for a van to my right and when the van passed I saw something in the street that caught my eye.  I figured out pretty quick it was a groundhog waddling across the street.  Russ hadn't seen it yet.

So I turned the corner and stopped the car.  I got my smart phone out and it just happened to be set on "rapid burst" meaning I could take money pictures with one push.

Russ did see it eventually or suspected something and he barked.  You'll see two distant pictures of it in the street and on the sidewalk and then a series of pictures of it running back across the street.

I did the best I could at a distance and with Russ in the backseat.  Kind of blurry but funny to see the leg action.










This is the same picture as above but cropped closer...

 
 
Update as of November 14:
 
I wondered where this guy came from.  Looking at the house and yard across the street I couldn't figure out where he might live/hide.  Well now I see.  Looks like a nice home underneath and add-on porch...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment