Friday, November 28, 2014

Deer Crossing

We knew we had traffic behind our fence but fun to see what happens at night.  Here are the first images I pulled from Steve's trail camera.  (The dates on the photos are not correct).



 

 
And here's the big boy.  Steve counted nine points and would describe as a "basic 8 with a split g-3 on his right side".  For a "score" Steve would rate him low 150s high 140s on the Pope and Young system.  He's guessing his age around 4 1/2 years.  I asked him if he would let him go by.  He said it would be a game-time decision but would definitely grab his bow.  But he wouldn't get mounted.
 
 








 
 
Stay tuned.  I've taken the camera down for now.  I need to fix the date on it.  And I need to tip off my other neighbor that is sort of the caretaker of the woods...need to let him know what I'm up to.
 
Russ and me on patrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment