Thursday, March 12, 2015

"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up"

Aside from being a memorable line from the movie Sunset Boulevard, it's also the theme for this post. Last weekend I tried another (and more successful) attempt at using Steve's trail camera on the ground under the bird feeder.

I had over 200 images.  One picture showed a leaf blowing by.  Most were not too interesting but as you will see, some were memorable!

Here is where I positioned the camera.  I put a rock in front of it because it was getting knocked over.  That's our house in the photo.

 
 
We'll start with what is probably my favorite photo ever...this squirrel appears to be genuinely surprised by the flash of the camera!
 
SQUIRREL!!
 
 
Somehow I caught a rabbit running by...
 
 
Various close-ups...
 



Here is a Northern Cardinal stopping by...
 
 
Here is a White-breasted Nuthatch with something in its bill...
 

This appears to be an American Sparrow and a nuthatch...
 
 
Sharing is caring.  Here is a squirrel and a Dark-eyed Junco...
 

These next three pictures show good color...
 


 
Two more bird pictures...
 


And I'll finish with a few more squirrel pictures.  All in all a pretty good experiment.  My hope was to get a bunch of squirrels in a picture because they tend to fight and chase each other.  So I may try again!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment