Friday, April 24, 2015

Here comes the seedlings!

I've tried to temper my enthusiasm (Cindy might call it "obsession") with getting my milkweed going.  Last season I clumped my seeds too close together and nothing really grew.  So last November I planted a single seed in a small impression and covered it and spaced them out maybe five inches apart in maybe seven to 10 different spots.  And then marked those spots with a plastic knife.  I noticed in March that some of the spots seemed disturbed by wildlife so I planted more seeds and marked the knives with "15" for the year (I wanted to see if they would still come in with planting in the spring).  I was out yesterday and noticed I've got seedlings coming up in a few of the locations and the plants are taller than they were at this time last year which should mean stronger.

So...here are some pictures:





1 comment:

  1. I love the springtime with it's abundance of new growth, it is so welcome after the long winter months.

    ReplyDelete