Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Late summer, early fall project

The path off our deck not only doesn't have much grass, it gets very soupy went it rains or when the snow melts.  We have talked about what to do there and the thought was to put in stepping stones or lay some type of bricks/pavers to create a walkway.

I've been dragging my feet and waiting to set aside some money and also wishing I could come across some extra materials to help make this happen.  Well, a friend of Steve's was going to build a brick fireplace but I believe he is now moving, so Steve said he would take the bricks for me to use.  I now have 405 standard-size modular bricks.  Yes, you will get the play-by-play on the blog once the work commences, but for now, here is the area in question and here are the beautiful bricks....




The plan is to come out from the steps and follow the curve you can see.  It will end up maybe 19' by as many bricks wide I can go (once I figure out my pattern).

I still need to get some type of gravel compound and some sand.  Being in Iowa, I will have to dig down maybe 7" to lay a foundation so they don't move around too much.  The goal has always been to have something functional not something that will end up in a magazine.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment