Monday, January 11, 2016

Finally a better look at a Red-bellied Woodpecker

I've had it on my list to get better pictures of Red-bellied Woodpeckers.  They look like they're wearing a red hat with a black & white sweater.  And they don't seem to stick around when I get close to take a picture.

Yesterday was a nice sunny day so I set out the trail camera near the ground hoping to get some squirrels.  Like capturing deer before, I had the unexpected treat of getting a woodpecker feeding on the ground (which they don't do much of).

Here are the pictures I got including one of the bird flying off...

 



 

Same picture just closer
 
(editor's note - the gray hose you see in these photos belongs to my neighbor.  He literally runs a hose from his house two doors down all the way to an open area where he waters trees.  The city lets him use the fire hydrant.  I wish it weren't in the photos but it's there...)

No comments:

Post a Comment